Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I Love My Bible - Kids in Worship

Now that we have a firm grasp on what it means to have an Amazing Faith, our kids are going to begin studying why the Bible is so important, and how it can transform every aspect of our lives. This is why our next series is called I Love My Bible, and we are going to dive right into God's Word and see how God's Word is like bread, light, a shield, a sword, etc. Each week focuses on a key metaphor for God's revealed word to mankind, and we'll learn how the Bible is so much more than a book we have on a shelf or an ancient text for special occasions, but rather that the Bible is living and powerful just as Hebrews 4:12 says.

This is why I want every kid to have their own Bible and to bring it with them every Sunday night! Even if they can't read the words, I want kids to know the value and significance of having God's literal Words to us in their grasp. I can still remember doing Bible Drills for the first time when I was in third grade, and it was then that I began to see how important God's Word was, not just for church, but for everyday life. When we move from reading God's Word to actually believing it, then we have reached the point where we can exclaim that the Bible is living and powerful! I Love My Bible is much deeper than a love for a good book, it's a desire and a thirst for God's Word to fulfill a child's life, to give them the courage to be a bold witness, and to understand their own need for salvation through Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment